Thursday, April 9, 2009

The ultimate checklist

Ever wonder if you're successfully integrating and navigating the vast expanse of social networks on the Internet these days?

Well, Mashable makes you question yourself with the new Social Media Recruitment Test.

Before reading about what makes a successful social network-er, I thought I was doing a pretty good job of utilizing social networking, maybe not to its maximum potential but at least enough to be ahead of the game. Now, I just feel silly.

I don't have a resume on my blog. I don't have any recommendations on LinkedIn. I'm not a member of journalism groups on Facebook. I don't Tweet 10 times a day, and I'm only following 100 people versus 1,000.

At least now I know exactly what I have to do. So look for changes in the next few months because I'm determined to stay on top of things in this industry.

No comments: