Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Second day update

Just a quick update:

Yesterday, I started my new job as a magazine sales executive for a community newspaper.

I'm sure I've pointed out before that I had no previous sales experience before now. I knew newsrooms like the back of my hand but ad departments were totally foreign to me, and I was worried about whether I'd be able to train my mind to stop thinking like a reporter and start operating like a salesperson.

Well, that transition is underway, and it's happening much faster than I thought it would. While I've only worked two full days on the job so far, I'm learning so much and actually retaining information (something that's usually rare for me).

Today was a blur of sales calls, new faces, business cards, merchandise and shaking hands. Yet another power day for Kelly Ann Frizzell, budding journalist! Let's hope there are plenty more to follow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Finally! I've been waiting for you to blog about how work has been! haha!

Kelly Ann said...

Hahaha! You rock, Suz! :) Things have been crazy. I'll call when they calm down...