Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My brain's on hiatus

I've been feeling guilty for grumbling about being an intern, but at least I didn't break a window.

Our Thanksgiving break is next week, and unfortunately, my brain is already on vacation. It's hard for me to focus. I can't talk or write without making some sort of mistake. I'm irritable because all I want to do is bake cookies and listen to George Winston.

But I have to keep charging ahead. Now that I've recognized my faults, I actually have to try to prevent them. Sure, the first step is admitting a problem, but the problem won't get any better by simply acknowledging its presence. One of the hardest things to do is to take responsibility for yourself and your actions - to fix something if it's not right. Right now, I want to be lazy, but I know I can't.

My plan of action for the rest of the week:

I'm going to wake up on time.
I'm going to get to work a few minutes early and leave a few minutes late.
I'm going to do my required reading before my classes.
I'm going to take care of business first so I can do whatever I want later.

And I'm going to need someone to hold me to all this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm going to get to work a few minutes early and leave a few minutes late."

:)